Panera Bread Company Management is Bad

Issue not resolved

I went to my Panera located in San Juan Capistrano, CA.I was there at 8:50 and I asked if they were still serving the girl said yes.

It took forever to serve me, they said it was since they had shut down the grill and they put the food away. When I finally was served the girl slammed the plate down and said eat fast. She then went to the middle of the room and yelled we are closed. I feared that she might have done something to my food, so I left my un eaten food and left.

Bad managment they should not close the grill or put away type foot till they at closed.I go to several Paneras and I find the managment to be poor.

c3133cb review #335899
7 Helpful? 10
Had the same issue0 Comments14 Report
Had an experience with Panera Bread Company?  Submit review about this company
SwaggJoneS

Aug 08, 2013 Jackson, New Jersey

I work at a Panera currently and honestly your kind of attitude doesnt help in the slightest. at 4 minutes to close (in what i am guessing was an empty store) our goal as line associates is to close the store. 1) if a grill was shutdown you were ordering a panini. 2) by the end of the night we are out of our Prepped Paninis and had to make one by scratch. as paninis are more complex than Lettuce tomatoe meat that takes some time. yes alot of the food was pulled because we are *** human beings. on a good night we liked to have the food off the line by close. 3) she probably let people know that they were closed because they have to clean up after your self-entitled *** and the whole dining room. there are only 2 people on the line after 8-ish (as opposed to 4 for dinner). Moral of the sotry: If you have to ask a place if they are still serving WALK THE *** AWAY. im sorry but what did you expect from a bunch of minimum wage paid teenagers who have just worked 8 hours on their feet at 9pm.*** you and the lot of you who agree with her.

2 1 Reply

Aug 08, 2013

No, *** you, you little brat. If your store is still open, you respectfully serve everyone who comes in. At least, do that if you want money. Don't call your customers entitled either, especially since you're the entitled one here. A customer is not entitled for expecting service during business hours because that's what you're *** paid (by your boss, and by the customer) to do. You are entitled for expecting people to not come in just because it's close to the end of the workday and your feet hurt.

1 1 Reply
Racingirl

Aug 21, 2012

Businesses that serve food should ALL change their hours for their employees! If the resturant's hours are, for instance, 11am to 9pm, then the employees hours at the end of the night should be 9:30 or 10:00pm. Then this sort of thing wouldn't happen! After all, if they open at 11am, they dont have employees come IN at 11! No, they come in earlier for prep time! If they say they're open til 9, then they should absolutely and happily take orders until 9! Otherwise, they should move their hours back an hour!

Jan 29, 2013

I work at Panera. When you close, the store closes at 9 and you are there until your work is done. There is no set time for you to leave. I'd be curious to know if you've ever worked retail/food. Closing always sucks, no matter what store or restaurant you work at. You have to spend your entire night at this place while other people who are done with their shifts at work for the day come in and act like jerks because they KNOW you have to serve them, no matter how close to closing time they come in. It is a nasty thing, closing in retail, and your idea of "rolling back hours" is worthless. The same things would still happen, and to be honest I believe this original poster is exaggerating their story quite a bit. Slamming down the plate and saying "eat fast" is the quickest way to get yourself written up, and I'm sure the girl just wasn't AS FRIENDLY as the poster thought she should be, which is just ridiculous. People aren't robots. They have things going on in their lives outside of serving you food. Keep that in mind.

2 0 Reply
Letchik

Aug 17, 2012

I've eaten at many Paneras and my wife was actually the baker at the one in Huntsville, AL. Not only is the food great, but it is a good company to work for.

You came in right before they closed. The employees had already cleaned in anticipation of leaving work, but they didn't turn you away and gave you what you requested.

Chalk it up to a bad night and give them another shot.

eep

Aug 15, 2012

Have you ever worked in food? Do you even realize how frustrating it probably was for those employees to have you come in 10 minutes before close? They have very long shifts at Panera and that girl could have been there for over 10 hours.

Aug 08, 2013

That is not really any of his or anyone else's concern. You are paid by the customer to be courteous and a good server in general, and you are paid by your boss to do your job and serve the food. If you only want the meager pay you get from your boss, feel free to be a *** to customers, but if you want a tip, you do your job right no matter what time it is.

0 1 Reply
Jim Brown

Aug 15, 2012

I went to Panera Bread in Oak Ridge Tn
several employee were talking backs turned no one in Backery no one greated me no one offered to take my order unfreedly employees same thing am shift cant wait on you im busy no she was Not Unhappy customer on am pm shift

0 1 Reply
Wendy

Aug 11, 2012

The Panera Bread stores in Bowie, Waldorf, La Plata, and California, Maryland are all good in my book. I've never had a problem at any of those stores. I recommend you contacting management.

steve

Aug 11, 2012

Have you considered reaching out to the manager or corporate customer satisfaction or whatever they call it to register an official complaint. Mention how long you've been a loyal customer, what you spent on that meal you didn't eat and that while it would be nice to be compensated for the food you've left behind, you really just want an apology. Hopefully the apology will come, along with some vouchers for free food.
I've always found the food delicious at Panera, but the service is sometimes less than stellar at the one near me. They've screwed things up a bit at least a couple of times out of maybe 15 or so.

sherryf

Aug 08, 2012

I've personally never had anything but stellar service at Panera.

LR

Aug 03, 2012

Do you know the manager's name?

tomgauger

Aug 01, 2012

I have found Panera Bread locations in Baltimore, Winchester, VA, Hagerstown, MD and Harrisburg, PA to be uniformly well-run and consistent in food quality and service.
The company is usually responsive to a complaint.

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Panera Bread Company.
Filing a new complaint about
×